Happy New Year to all our preprint evaluators, curators and readers! It was a shorter week this week due to the UK bank holiday, but nonetheless the Sciety team have plenty to update you on.
🚀 In delivery:
- We've spent some time on the Sciety infrastructure, moving away from old/unsupported software without any downtime on the site.
- We're lessening our dependency on Twitter, which historically we have used to provide authentication and details of users.
- Using an alternative Authentication provider, we have demonstrated like for like logins for Twitter and also for researchers with an ORCID profile. We also intend to let people sign up using their email address. This will enable people across the globe to access Sciety, regardless of the technology they are using.
- We've been aligning our Community and Marketing strategies with our Product strategy to focus on improving outcomes for people who use Sciety.
🕵️ In discovery:
- We are still exploring how we might improve indicators within the article page to promote evaluation and curation activity and are revisiting designs that showcase when a preprint has been endorsed or assessed by a Group.
- Our Inaugural 2022 Group Engagement Review surfaced some fantastic UX feedback on our recently released functionality to edit the title and description of a list. We also potentially invalidated an assumption we had made that the title and description of a list is enough context for curators to let readers of a list understand what it is about. We're looking forward to talking to more groups and users about this during the next few weeks
It's good to be back!