Fortnightly roundup of what we've been working on; new features, improvements and fixes and what we are going to do next from sciety.org, the home of public preprint curation.
🚀 What's new?
- 📢 New feature: Weekly email digests from Sciety. You can now subscribe to updates from any list on Sciety to get a weekly digest of updated articles. For example, subscribe to all reviewed preprints in Neuroscience by eLife or every new preprint highlight by Prachee Avasthi. Give it a try and tell us what you think.
- We have also updated group pages to include group logos. This helps reflect the group brand and we think it provides a clearer indication to Scietists (new made up word for users) as to what the content may represent on the page.
- We fixed an issue where incorrect reviews had been ingested for an article. This was fixed by the group and is now represented on Sciety. In doing this work, we learned there are >300 evaluations that have removed by groups over time and still recorded on Sciety.
- Based on feedback from the group, we fixed an issue that resulted in 600 extra evaluations being recorded for Arcadia Science
- We fixed an issue in our mail system that should improve authenticity and prevent sciety newsletters being directed to junk folders.
- We fixed an issue where the subscribe form for lists did not work with marketing cookies disabled
🔜 What's next?
- We'll be updating the groups pages to show all their activity up front. We've think that Scietists (we're still going with that word) like to navigate to the content and then might read about the group as a separate activity.
- We'll be promoting group branding throughout Sciety, for example in search results will lead to more familiarity with the groups and their work.
- We expect to do more work to represent the state of the review activity, for example reflecting reviews that have been removed elsewhere.
💭 Let us know what you think
We want to build Sciety with you and we welcome all feedback and ideas. Book a 1:1 call with the team to learn more about our latest changes and help us plan the for the future for equitable, open research outputs. We offer compensation for your time where possible.
🔗 Stay connected
We’ll be back in a couple of weeks with everything that's happening on Sciety.